Thursday, November 02, 2006

Livi's 'Illin

Is that a word? Anyways, tonight started off good. It was just me and Liv home tonight. I cooked supper. Nothing gourmet by any means but I had a hankering for fried bologna. So there you have it. Fried bologna, potatoes and caesar salad. WHAT? It was good! So I proceed to feed her supper to her while she's taking a bath like I do most nights because she can't run from me in the bathtub. She pretty near cleans it up. She gets out of the bath and she's pretty clingy. Lying on me on the sofa. She tells me her belly and her back hurts and I didn't clue in that her tummy was upset. Did I mention that she drinks the bathwater? Yeah, she drinks the bathwater. Tonight we were blowing bubbles. You know, the kind with the wand that's probably dishsoap. She dumps it into the tub. It was just small. I think from a wedding. Yah, definitely from a wedding. There was a bride and groom on top. Anyhooooo - she's drinking out of it. I know - ick!! It didn't even click with me. So, back to the sofa. She sits straight up and I can tell she's going to throw up so I pick her up and she vomits....on me. In my face. On my clothes. On herself. EWWW!! EWWW! I feel so bad for my poor little angel. I clean myself and her up and she's lying on the sofa again. I give her tylenol because she seems to have a bit of a fever. Five minutes later she projectile vomits on the sofa. Blech! This time I have to cut her shirt off of her because there is no way in hell I'm going to lift that over her head. I get her settled down again and call my sister and ask her if she thinks it is okay to give her tyleonol again. She suggests gravol and I immediately say we don't have any. I get the okay and give her tyleonol again and ask her if she wants to snuggle mommy in mommy's bed. That gets her every time.

Sooo......we go into my bed and I'm rubbing her back and she sits straight up and does it again. I take her into the living room where I proceed to yet again, cut another shirt off her because she's covered in it and well, it's gross. I prop her back up on the sofa and wipe her down with a facecloth and she seems to be feeling a little better when I decide to actually check to see if we do have gravol and yes, we do. I forgot we bought some for Jack when we went to the Dominican Republic. I get that into her and she drifts off....into sleep. She is now in her bed, sound asleep. I hope feeling better. I think I'll sleep in Jack's bed tonight so I can keep an eye on her. Fingers crossed tomorrow will involve no vomit.

1 comment:

A Crafty Mom said...

Oooooh yuck Nikki!!! I hope she's all better, barfing is *no* fun at all!! Poor you and poor her :-(