Tuesday, March 01, 2005

And....Mommy is back to work!

uughh!! I can't believe a whole year has passed and now I'm back to work. This is day two and I am home sick with you. Little frigger, I think you were faking because you seem fine now that I've left the office and had Daddy pick you up at daycare! I'm still sick though. I can hardly talk. You have no idea how guilty I felt showing up for work, only to inform them that I now had to leave. Secretly I was happy though because I didn't really want to be there. Not happy because you were at daycare screaming. Happy because I felt miserable too and now we can both go home! :)

So, now you are crawling around the floor like it was two weeks ago and you've never ever been to daycare, talking to the TV (you LOVE Blues Clues!), and emptying everything out of the tv-stand. Sick my foot!!! You're 11-months old and you already know how to pretend to be sick. At least it took your brother Jack 6 years to figure that one out!!!

Seriously, I don't think you're totally faking, you do have a fever and you were screaming since Daddy & I dropped you off at daycare, but you're MUCH less sick now!! Oh well, I'm just happy that we have this day to spend together at home.....even if we both are under the weather!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I hope that you both get feeling better very soon! Isn't it amazing how quickly they learn how to get us to do just what they want?! LOL.

Hang in there when you do have to return to work. It is hard to leave them at daycare, believe me, I know. But, I have found that Gabby usually stops crying within a few seconds of me closing the door! I actually think it is harder on me then her to be honest! I actually don't even call it daycare usually but "school" instead - somehow that makes me feel less guilty!

-LGirl- said...

Hope you are better soon. It's a good storm day to be inside anyway!